In order to best service our customers, we have come up with the following guidelines on handling support ticket calls.
Normal Priority Support Ticket
A normal priority Support Ticket is one where a merchant location may be at diminished, on non-ideal functioning capacity due to single or multiple hardware or software failures. During normal business hours, we look to resolve any normal priority support ticket within 24-48 hours of the reported incident. Resolution timeframe is dependent on the support queue, workload, vendor availability and stock availability. Normal priority tickets are not emergencies and will be handled in the order that they are entered into the support queue.
Normal priority tickets are those which meet the criteria below:
- 1 or more remote printers are not functioning for some reason. The remote printer(s) can be re-routed to another printer temporarily until a permanent resolution can be determined.
- One or more workstations are down; however, the location has a functional server and at least one workstation is functional and able to enter transactions and complete orders.
- 1 or more credit card readers or EMV devices are not functional; however, there is at least one functional reader or EMV device that can be used until a permanent resolution can be determined.
- File server has failed; however, it is possible to transfer the database to another workstation as a temporary stand in until a permanent resolution can be determined.
- Customer is unable to process credit cards and it is determined that internet is down. Advise customer they will need to contact their ISP for resolution.
- Customer requests assistance with making menu changes, or other system changes.
- Customer requests the recovery of a full credit card number because a transaction was removed or voided erroneously.
High Priority Support Ticket
A high priority support ticket is one where a merchant location is unable to function due to single or multiple hardware or software failures. During normal business hours we look to resolve high priority support tickets within 24 hours or less. A high priority support ticket resolution is dependent on the support queue, workload, vendor availability and stock availability. High priority cases are emergencies and will be handled in priority orders as determined by ATS.
High priority support tickets are those which meet the criteria below:
- File server has crashed and an entire system is disabled as a result. Transferring the database to another workstation as a stand-in is determined to not be possible.
- A router or a switch has failed and all workstations are down as a result. The merchant is completely unable to transact through any of the POS workstations.
- 1 or more remote printers are not functional and the remote printers cannot be re-routed to an alternate printer for some reason.